Get started with bEQ to:
- Respond to rising energy costs
- Attract and keep satisfied tenants
- Improve the marketability of your property by differentiating it from others
- Enhance your company's image
- Receive an ASHRAE Level 1 Energy Audit, the industry standard for energy analysis.
- Develop a business relationship with a certified assessor whose concern is your building's energy performance.
Applications for bEQ ratings may only be submitted by an ASHRAE-certified indivdual. Assessors and other interested parties are encouraged to undergo training to receive a Building Energy Assessment Professional (BEAP) certification.
Steps to Earn a Label
- The certified assessor will contact the building owner/manager and schedule time to meet for an introductory meeting and building walk-through
Find a certified assessor
- The certified assessor will meet with the building owner, conduct the walk-through and gather (or obtain access to) energy data. The downloadable workbook includes all forms required for earning an ASHRAE bEQ In Operation rating as well as instructions for completion.
Download bEQ In Operation Workbook and instructions
- The certified assessor will complete the bEQ In Operation Workbook, pay the registration fee, and submit to ASHRAE for development of the label materials.
Submit bEQ In Operation Workbook
Pricing and Fees
- ASHRAE will produce the rating and transmit materials to the certified assessor.
View sample documentation and plaque guidelines