bEQ Qualified Practitioners
Only select individuals can submit completed workbooks to ASHRAE for review and receive ASHRAE issuance of a building rating.
- Professional Engineers (PE) licensed in the jurisdiction where the rated building is located
- ASHRAE Building Energy Modeling Professionals (BEMP)*
- ASHRAE Building Energy Assessment Professionals (BEAP)*
*ASHRAE Certified Professionals hold the unique distinction of being bEQ Certified Providers, denoted by the bEQ Certified Provider logo. Find a qualified practitioner
bEQ Certified Provider
The bEQ Certified Provider logo may only be used by individuals certified by ASHRAE as BEMPs or BEAPs. Earning and maintaining an ASHRAE Certification shows an individual has met rigorous eligibility requirements, passed an examination measuring their understanding of the respective body of knowledge, and for those who have already passed the examination, kept their understanding current though professional development.
These individuals have earned the highest recognition of their ability to deliver one or both bEQ ratings. Logo Usage Guidelines
- To receive an In Operation assessment, building owners may engage the services of professionals who have earned the ASHRAE-Certified Building Energy Assessment Professional (BEAP) designation.
Learn more about BEAP Certification
- To receive an As Designed evaluation, building owners may engage the services of professionals who have earned the ASHRAE-Certified Building Energy Modeling Professional (BEMP) designation.
Learn more about BEMP Certification
Conducting a bEQ Assessment or Evaluation